An operator of Electricity Generation Business owes, in particular, the following obligations pursuant to the Electricity Business Act and its secondary regulations:
- to supply electricity, as directed by the transmission and distribution network operators to balance the demand and supply of electricity within the network;
- to join OCCTO;
- to supply electricity in accordance with an order that METI may issue (such order has never been issued);
- to prepare and submit a supply plan to OCCTO;
- to submit its financial statements to METI;
- to submit a report on its performance and operation result, etc; and
- to comply with the Network Codes.