1. General Structure of Mineral Ownership and Regulation
1.4 Administration of the Mining Industry
The main governmental bodies administering the mining industry include the following:
- the Presidency of the Republic;
- the Ministry of Mines and Geology, including the Directorate of Mines and Geology, the Directorate of Control and Monitoring of Mining Operations, and the Directorate of Prospecting and Mining Promotion, as well as district mines departments;
- the Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative national committee; and
- the Directorate of the Environment and Classified Establishments.